Capsule Endoscopy Prep Instructions
This procedure is conducted for the evaluation of diseases of the small intestines.
Before the Procedure:
- Have a light breakfast before 10am
- Start a clear liquid diet at 10AM
(For example: chicken broth, apple juice, clear soda, tea, water, jello. Do not consume anything red or orange).
- Drink TriLyte bowel prep solution at 12 Noon. Fill TriLyte container with 1 gallon of water and drink within a six-hour period.
- Nothing by mouth after 10PM
- Avoid antacids, Carafate and iron supplements
Day of Procedure:
- Report to the office at 8:45AM
- Wear loose-fitting two-piece clothing
- Patient will have senor arrays attached to their abdomen, and will wear a Velcro-fastened belt containing a small data recorder for eight hours.
- Patient will be ambulatory during the procedure and may go home.
- Do no engage in vigorous body movement
- Return back to the office to return equipment at 5:15PM
Patients who take Aspirin or Anti-Coagulants:
- Stop Aspirin or other non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Medications 7 days prior to the procedure
- Stop Coumadin (Warfarin) or Plavix (Clopidogrel) 7 days prior to the procedure
Patients with Diabetes:
- Consult with your primary doctor on how to modify diabetic medication or insulin injection
On the Morning of Procedure Please Bring:
- Your current ID and Insurance Card
- A list of your current medications, remedies, products, and allergies